Monday 17 March 2008

I only wanted a little love affair

I stayed at home for first period today, as I got up late and wanted to wash my hair. So I sat about downstairs with my mum, who was nervous about her job interview (Essex County Council Libraries keep doing this crappy staff re-jig thing, so they can cut down on costs).

I got into school for Philosophy, in second period, and Haslam taught us for about fifteen minutes about a guy called 'Popper' (we really had no idea who he was), then let us go to work on our synoptic essays, as the first hour of our exam is tomorrow(!)
However, Ru and I went on the UCAS website, as we were both stressing out about University choices, for reasons I'd rather not go into.

Break was ... break, really. Quite funny, as Charlotte was telling the others about the drunken shenanigans she'd gotten up to on Friday night (she'd already told me about them over MSN the other day). Matt, Scott and I were supposed to be playing Pontoon with my cards, but I got so distracted whilst dealing them out that we pretty much just went through the motions of playing, but never got round to comparing our cards. Anyway, everyone's reactions were pretty funny when Charlotte divulged that Anne-Marie has had anal sex. Also, she, Matt and I agreed that playing Twister whilst drunk would be totally awesome, so we're going to try that when everyone's at mine, during our Easter holiday. Not that Matt would get drunk for it @_@.

Then there was Film Studies, for which Frenchy was absent, as she had all-day rehearsals for her drama exam or something. We had to do our City of God presentations, which I had totally forgotten about, but fortunately I still had my sheet on Benny (whom everyone loves), so that was alright. Andrew and I had more LOST-related discussion.

English was next, and we started looking at diachronic changes in advertising. There was a fantastic Ford car (£6 tax, as it kept reminding us) advert, that was published in 1937. I'm gonna have to quote some of it here, as it really was a joy to read it. The language was so much more creative than the crappy, elliptical Volkswagen advert from 1996 that we were comparing it with.

Amply powered for four and holiday baggage, picnic impedimenta and the like, surprisingly roomy, yet very compact in overall measurements, for ease of parking and garage away fro home, the essence of simplicity to handle over strange roads, smart but not ostentatious, with its famous weather-proof finish, and aboundingly economical to run and maintain, the Popular Ford will pay handsome dividends of service and pleasure.

How fantastic is that? My Firefox dictionary didn't even recognise the word 'aboundingly' (oh, the foo').

Then there was lunch. I was disappointed that Matt and Scott were in a lunchtime lesson, as my singing 'Diamonds Are Forever' doesn't have the same effect when they're not present. Charlotte told me about how Sam's friend, Chris, had placed down a three whilst they were playing Cheat on Friday, claiming it to be a King; it might have worked, had he not placed it face-up! But then that's what drinking neat Jack Daniels does to you.

Then there was Briefing. Mrs. Smith mentioned that if anyone wishes to provide entertainment for us on our last day, they should see her. For some reason, she mentioned that he Rugby lads could do so, if they wished. That might be a bad idea. As I said to Kat and Charlotte, knowing them, they would likely do some re-enactment of 2girls1cup.

Then Charlotte drove Kat and I home, as we had a free last. Charlotte informed us that one of the 'I Never ...' rounds on Friday night resulted in her mishearing the question, and as a result, Anne-Marie wondering if Charlotte had fingered me before. That was disturbing to say the least.

Got home and stuff happened. Been bored, really. Spoke to my mum a bit, looked through a book on elephants with her, and played a bit more of FFIII. Waited for ages for Richard to come online, and now that he is, he's not saying a lot. So, whooo, more boredom.


----------------
Now playing: Robbie Williams - Feel
via FoxyTunes

No comments: